Behind The Script

Indie Film Company Doodle Doll Productions writer shares behind the script and behind the scenes information

Name:
Location: Great Lakes, United States

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Script Changes

Okay, for about 4 years now, I've been working on and off again on this Romantic Fantasy, mostly off, and last year I had made significant headway on it. When my dad passed away in August, I stopped working on it. But the other night, thanks to a couple of good friends and a wipe board with multiple colored markers, I not only worked on it, I answered a question that had been plaguing me and found that I had more than one story.

I had been asking myself if I had too much for my characters to do in one story? Yes. But could anything be eliminated without changing the story? No. So, I was left wondering what my options were. So I asked my roomate and one of my best friends, well, they were more like a captive audience (it was after the cookie and ornament exchange I had) and I picked their brains, but they did offer some excellent insight into my problem.

In the end, I ended up with a trilogy. A trilogy based more in fantasy and less in romance. The titles were worked out, the character arc sketched -- because there must be growth for the characters in all three novels or else the reader will curse the writer and end up hating the characers, both of which are bad -- the plot thickened, one of the subplots sketched out, and the general conclusion of the whole blasted thing outlined. So now, I'm left with writing the thing, ending the first book with a hook and a reward. I'm still on chapter 11 of the book, which will be returning to it's first title, which also means a Character POV shift. The first book will be more about her. The second book will be more about him. And the third book will be about them and the happily ever after. Well, there is more to it than that, but you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home